Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Orlando
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your Orlando basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease working for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, get in touch with the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to investigate the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop running for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Icy or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to make sure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can lead the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, pour a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump turns on and removes the water efficiently.
- During dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to defend your home from water damage, trust the specialists at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to verify yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 407-329-7661 or request an appointment online.