Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated right but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working accurately, including your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.