Carbon monoxide connects with red blood cells, robbing your body of the oxygen it requires to survive. It combines with these cells more than 200 times more effortlessly than oxygen, resulting in a condition known as carboxyhemoglobin saturation.
Carbon monoxide, on lieu of oxygen, then gets taken to the vital organs by the bloodstream. Simply put, carbon monoxide starves your body of oxygen. Organs need oxygen; when they lack it, they begin to suffocate.
It takes your body a long time to get rid of carbon monoxide; however, it can be taken in much more rapidly.