Your HVAC system is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could ensure a constant source of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and resolve small problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that minimizes the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is working like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, our technician will return to correct things.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.