The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first think about trying the bottled water approach. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. However, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.