Air conditioners don’t last forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Orlando, you may be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you get new components at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and decreasing your ongoing energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the expense of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 407-329-7661 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.