Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several things to think about, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you install both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any big immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and decreasing your ongoing energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you might even qualify for an exclusive deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the expense of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 407-329-7661 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.