Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC professionals recommend servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, avoiding potential issues and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time to get that done. This allows you to address potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service appointment:
- Detailed inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals recommend doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less energy to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your HVAC system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To maximize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and spending plan. You’ll enjoy several advantages no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, annual AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with skilled professionals, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.