How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of fumes that could be within your Orlando residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from home fixtures, flooring and paints. Not one of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 407-329-7661 today to get started protecting your family against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?

Carbon monoxide may be a major concern, so it’s not a situation to joke about.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you can’t view it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in low doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Lethal After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can creep into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how large the leak is and the airflow in a home, carbon monoxide can become fatal in within minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling fresh air, you will need five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. It will take an extra five hours to reduce that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also cause conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several ways you can take to keep your home safe:

  1. Your house with at least one gas furnace, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a detector on each level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide system in your house?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 407-329-7661 to get one. Ask our techs about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide detector, regularly look at or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every season, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, get out of your residence right away and call 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 407-329-7661 to learn more.