Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning unit in Orlando running at its top performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also could even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few things you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that involves a hefty dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to add AC tune-ups on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule service or installation, you might be waiting days for an appointment. And that may get very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh cooling system will help assure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and can reduce your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn work near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, since this might block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 407-329-7661, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your unit is switching on, running and shutting off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that require extra action, we are set to offer you the most economical choice. Finding possible issues in a timely manner may solve larger issues in the future. This also gives you time to plan if your equipment is aging.
When you need a new air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to choose the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Contact us at 407-329-7661 or schedule an appointment online now.