Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your air conditioning equipment in Orlando operating at its best performance while keeping energy needs down. It also may even help prolong its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are a few steps you can do alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that involves a hefty dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning unit freshened and examined. Hesitating to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be risky. If you have to schedule a fix or a new unit, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could get very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn work by the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, since this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 407-329-7661, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially skip issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is turning on, running and shutting off properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that require additional action, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Finding possible issues in a timely manner may solve larger issues in the future. This also gives you time to plan if your equipment is aging.
When you need a new air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to choose the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your tune-up? Contact us at 407-329-7661 or schedule an appointment online now.