Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Orlando and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power expenses less expensive.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving options in updated air conditioning systems is an obvious plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently work your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 407-329-7661 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the best product for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.