Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your utility bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Orlando and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power expenses less expensive.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving options in updated AC systems is an obvious plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to efficiently work your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 407-329-7661 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right product for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.